1. Introduction and consent
By submitting information to us and/or accessing and using our websites or social media platforms you consent to us using and disclosing your personal information in the ways described in this policy.
2. Information we collect
- 2.1 The type of personal information we collect includes:
- your name and contact details;
- bank account and/or credit card details, payment history (e.g. for invoicing and payments of services and products or credit information when you make payments to us);
- details/history of preferences, interests and behaviour relating to transactions, products, services and activity with our digital services;
- your computer IP address when visiting our website;
- records of your communications and interactions with us, such as details of your previous dealings with us; and
- If you apply for a job in one of our businesses, date of birth, details about your education, employment history, membership of professional associations, referees and next of kin.
Where we collect sensitive information from you (such as health information or details of memberships of professional associations) we will only do so with your consent. Such information will not be disclosed for any purpose other than providing services to patrons or members other than in exceptional cases such as to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
You are not obliged to provide personal information however failure to do so may result in NovoFit being unable to provide services or products to you.
- our identity and how to contact us;
- that he or she can access the information and the main consequences (if any) for the individual if all or part of the information is not provided by us;
- the purpose for which we have collected the information;
- the organisations or types of organisations that we usually disclose the information to;
- any law that requires particular information to be collected; and
- whether any personal information is likely to be disclosed overseas, and if practicable, notify the recipient countries.
3. How we collect information
- 3.1 Customer Information
- in any discussions we have with you, whether in person or by telephone;
- through transactions you make with us (e.g. purchasing equipment or a service, participating in a promotion, competition, registering for a survey; or using a related digital service);
- through customer feedback and survey forms;
- through our website or email server by way of ‘cookies’. Cookies are small pieces of data that allow the website to remember something about you at a later time, for example by storing information of how you use the site. You may configure the web browser to refuse or disable cookies;
- through our social media pages that we control, such as the official pages for our various businesses on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram;
- through our accounts and payments you make; and
- through third parties, including companies running competitions on our behalf, our franchisees and our agents.
We may collect personal information from you in a number of ways including:
- in our ability to provide our products & services to customers;
- in our ability to manage our contract relationships;
- in our ability to keep you informed of company updates and services information;
- in considering your application for employment with us; and
- in our ability to respond to your inquiry or request.
4. How we use your personal information
- 4.1 Customer Information
- for the purpose requested;
- to assist you with queries or respond to your feedback;
- to process an order or application that you have made;
- to promote and market all current and future Novofit products and services and to inform you about the products and services of our commercial partners;
- to process and fulfil a gift voucher order;
- for surveys, direct marketing, promotions and competitions;
- to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of our website or social media;
- to compose diagnostic and statistical information for our computer network; and
- to facilitate our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of legal requirements and analysing our services and customer needs with a view to adopting new and/or improved services.
Your personal information may be used in a number of ways including:
5. Direct Marketing
When you provide your personal details to us, you consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes (for an indefinite period). Some personal information will be disclosed to an organisation or people who assist in our direct marketing, for example an external mail house.
From time to time, we may contact you with information about products and services offered by us and our related entities and our business partners, that we think may be of interest to you. When we contact you it may be by mail, telephone, email or SMS.
- Where we use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing, we will:
- allow you to ‘opt out’ – that is, allow you to request not to receive direct marketing communications; and
- comply with a request by you to so ‘opt out’ within a reasonable time frame.
We will only ever contact you if you have consented to direct marketing, and you can ask to be removed from our marketing lists at any time by directly contacting us.
6. The quality of your personal information
We believe it is important to make sure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. To this end, our staff have procedures to monitor some of your personal information. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide. We request that you contact us and tell us if any of your personal information has changed (e.g. your address) or if you believe that the personal information is inaccurate. After you advise us, we can then update our records and ensure that the personal information we hold is accurate and up to date.
7. How we store and keep information secure
We are committed to maintaining the highest level of security of our client(s) files and personal information. We hold personal information electronically and in hard copy form, both at our premises and with the assistance of our service providers.
- We use the following security measures to protect personal information:
- locked offices;
- locked files;
- passwords on all our computers;
- a firewall on our computer network, which is monitored; and
- virus protection software.
We will keep personal information as long as we need it for the purposes in clause 4.1of this policy, after which time we will destroy or de-identify the personal information. Otherwise we may keep personal information for any period required by law.
While we strive to protect your personal and sensitive information, we cannot guarantee or warrant its complete security. No data over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have an online account with one of our businesses, your account will be able to be accessed by anyone who knows your login details. You should keep login details, and any other information you use to remember these details, private and secure.
8. Disclosure of personal information
- 8.1 We may disclose personal information in a variety of circumstances including to:
- a third-party contractor who may be performing services for us that involves your personal information such as your delivery address, advertising agencies, suppliers and our public relations agency;
- in the case of contract partner information, this may be provided to third party suppliers in order to provide you with additional services (e.g. group purchase savings), contracted assessors for assessment of the quality control standards of our franchisees; and
- any other party to which the law obliges us to.
our contract partners;
8.2 We may exchange your personal information with service providers engaged to assist with services including data processing, data analysis, online computing, printing, contract management, legal, accounting, business consulting, marketing, research, auditing, delivery, security and mailing services.
8.3 Third parties to whom we disclose personal information to may be located in America.
8.4 We will take reasonable steps to ensure that overseas recipients do not breach the APPs in relation to your personal information, such as by seeking compliance with the APPs in our terms of engagement with those parties. In the event that personal information must be disclosed overseas other than as described above, we will endeavour to obtain consent from you.
8.5 Please contact us if you do not wish for your personal information to be disclosed overseas. If you do not contact us to make this request, and an overseas recipient of your personal information breaches the APPs, we will not be accountable under the Act and you will not be able to seek redress under the Act.
8.6 We will not sell your personal information to marketing bodies without your consent.
9. Privacy queries, complaints and further information
Phone: +61 3 8766 0499
Post: 72-74 Rodeo Drive, Dandenong VIC, 3175
9.2 If you have any disputes or complaints about the way in which your privacy has been handled by NovoFit please email us at info@NovoFit.com.au. Our privacy officer will investigate any dispute or complaint and respond to you within a reasonable time. If, after receiving our response you still consider that your privacy complaint has not been resolved you may then take your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.com.au) and on 1300 363 992.
72-74 Rodeo Drive, Dandenong South, VIC 3175
2/68 Topham Rd, Smeaton Grange, NSW, 2567
Sales: 1800 628 824
National Service: 1300 796 636
Office: +61 3 8766 0499